Monday, June 17, 2019

Why Did I?


Why Did I?



I see the wind rustle the trees
swaying freely without any caution
with no worries about what they
do or have done, unlike myself who thought
"Why did I?"

The river, fast-paced and never ending
shines not color but the hustle of
everyday city life. Though the river may get
polluted and murky, the sun still shines
and legacy continues. That sweet
rush was taken away and I thought, "Why
did I?"

I remember the sun, showing me
the way. It was blocked by storm
clouds and mountains but still was able
to shine and light the way. It was my guide
the only reliable one I've ever had, now taken
away and once again I thought, "Why did I?"

I should have answered this long ago
but I just did not seem to know the
answer. A few years go by and it all fell
in place. The answer lies in my lack
of appreciation and gratitude for anything
life gave me.


No comments:

Post a Comment