Friday, July 19, 2019

Nothing But a Mutt


Nothing But a Mutt


I am the "What are you?"
the "Where are you from?"
I am white, Spanish, African, Indian
I have a white family
I have black and Spanish too
In the place I live, white is an honor
while blacks are only "hoodrats"
My family is both superior and inferior
All my homies are getting shot
White people are the shooters
You see, I have no true identity
My category is undefined
But it doesn't really matter at all
All non-whites are grouped together
Neither side will claim me
I'm too tainted by the other
Tainted by my preference
Or lack of preference
There's nothing worse than an unknown girl
Other than an unknown girl in love with a girl
I am seventeen years of defiance
of unnamed mutt
of another colored girl in jail
I am alone and isolated
Addict going nowhere, another statistic
I am white, Spanish, African, Indian
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment