Thursday, May 25, 2017

Pain


Pain
~a group poem

Pain is indescribable
Pain is an enigma
Why won't my pain go away?

Pain is bad
Pain is really bad
Pain is like a pencil in my back

In the beginning
The pain was tolerable
As sunburn soothed by aloe

But the pain worsened
like skin blistered
from the touch of red hot iron

My pain is unbearable
It splits my skull like a knife
going through butter

It's like the look a man gets
when he knows he's going to die
The pain in his eyes gives it all away

This pain is like a sore
that won't go away
I try to itch it but it just stays.

All I see is pain
I'm living unashamed
But also dying by the gain
How can I maintain
With these demons in my brain

Pain can be violent
Pain can be silent
Silent waters run deep
You reap what you sow
And you sow what you reap.

The pain was not physical
Heartbreak is
The pain searing inside my chest

My pain is not your pain
It's all my own
So don't you ask
Just leave me alone

No comments:

Post a Comment