Thursday, May 25, 2017

New Beginnings

New Beginnings

a group poem by the writers of
Pod __


New beginnings are the intro to the next chapter
They are the mark of the beginning of the end
And the place where new life begins

I want a new beginning
But I'm doubting myself
Life I was living wasn't ending

I'm stuck in my old ways
God came to help me but
Then I turned him away

A new beginning, a new beginning
When does it stop
Don't you worry it starts at the end

New beginnings can be garish
While new beginnings can be harsh
New beginnings is a way to start

Like when something dies in your life
You get sad and think of the past
relishing the moments you once had

I thought my life was over
Because of the things I've done
Just remember it was never fun

The burden is what takes you down
Inspiration will pick you up
At the end hope for the best

So much has happened long before
I was marched in through the door
It's part of me and I cannot say I didn't

Cannot say I forgot
I must face my awful past
My awful crimes are out at last


But there is hope and I know
That this is the place I must go
If I am to begin anew

Knowing they don't hate me
Knowing they will give me another chance
Of what I have broken in the past

I have another shot
To be a different me
And not stay here and rot

But now I'm here to make a change
It will work out if I'm willing to switch
And know I'll walk out not acting like a witch

The work we put in
Are the results we get out
Trying for accomplishment

Plant the seed of life
Bloom your deepest dreams
It all begins with light

Goodbye to my callow ways
Goodbye to my infamy
Say hello to a happy new year

The closing of a chapter and the opening of another is a new beginning
Though it may not be what you had in mind
All hidden messages come in time

Feeling stronger is the one that withstands
All creation is made for a reason
We call this, New Beginnings

No comments:

Post a Comment