Thursday, May 25, 2017

Burdens

Burdens
a group poem
I got my burdens on my back
If you look you see the scars
But those scars are no reason to slack

I am the man I am today
Due to my history or my story
Hope you can handle it, it gets kinda gory

But that's all in yesterday
Which is said and done
Now, will I freeze or will I run

Doing the same things, just a different day
I'm always wondering when it will finally end
But in the end I know I will be better

With no way to see through
My frosted windows, I wish the
conditions of my loved ones were clear to me

Chains tied to me underwater
Screaming at the top of my lungs
Wanting to hear her again

My body is in here
My heart is elsewhere
But my family is out there

I've started to wilt
The scales started to tilt
Am I ready to be built?

All of the dead times
Chains pulling me behind
The past is possessing my mind

The world was on my shoulders
When I couldn't live sober

Like when something dies in your life
You get sad and think of the past
Relishing the moments you once had

The burden is what takes you down
Inspiration will pick you up
At the end, hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment