Saturday, July 6, 2013

Finish Line (written after the Boston Marathon bombing)


Finish Line

Don't rush, don't hesitate, don't pace at all,
because there's always a finish line.
You might have people you care for and haven't seen in
decades cheering you on.
But turn back.
Why? might be your question.
But, where? is the one preferred.
Where is my son?
Where is my sister?
Where is my daughter?
Where is my brother?
Please tell me where are my loved ones!
My only answers are that they're in your thoughts, in your
hearts, in your pictures, in every tear that you will or had
already shed, in the other people that'll remind you of them,
and, most importantly, in the skies looking down on you.
I can't make the scars be forever unnoticed.
But I can make the pain and tears go away.
There will be much more news.
There will be many more memories.
And, horribly, there would be many more acts of terror.
I'm the only one who can tell.
And who am I?
I am Father Time.
                                                                                                           I'm sorry.
                                                                                                                      Rest In Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment