Sunday, July 7, 2013

Self Portrait


Self Portrait

I'm painting my self portrait.

For this work I've chosen
the colors red, black, and white.

The red expresses all the pain and suffering
I've gone through.

The black is for all the bad
things I've done and the dark
secrets in my past.

The white is for the new life
I have given myself,
the forgiveness I wish to earn.

The background will depict abuse.
My life has been filled with it in many forms.

In my hands I'll be holding a mirror
so others see themselves
before judging me.

My eyes will look blinded
so I can see true beauty.

When people see my portrait
they will ask themselves,
when will his suffering end”.

I will dedicate my portrait
to the world around me
so everyone can learn from my mistakes
not make their own.

I will name my portrait
The Son of Assumption”.



No comments:

Post a Comment