Thursday, July 16, 2015

Hallucination


Hallucination

There's someone there
It's got to be true
There's someone there and it's got to be you.
My father I'm seeing
Is this really true
Got me feeling like I'm hallucinating
Haven't seen my father in years
So I'm really hype to see him
I run up to him, arms real wide
What's that on my face? Yes it's a smile
I jump up so he can grab me
But then I go right through him
I fall to the ground
Now my whole life is in ruin
I'm sitting on the ground pouting
Feeling like I'm climbing up a mountain
With a thousand pounds on my back
And it ain't never stopping
Thought he came back for me
But it was just a ghost
Yea, that ghost got me
Cuz now my heart is toast
I don't even know what to do
Man I'm so confused
My thoughts are roaming places that I ain't
even choose.
That's why I went to drugs and used
To get away from my thoughts and
feelings of my abuse
And it's not just with my father
It's with my mother, too
The stuff that we went through
was really out of the blue
Man the street's been eating us alive
Since the age of five
I gave my hopes up a while ago
Cuz I knew we couldn't survive
Man my life is tough
Yea, we had it rough
It's like those streets are eating us and
They can't get enough.
When is it gonna stop
I wish I had a time so I can look
At the clock and figure out when we
Gonna get off the block
Cuz I'm getting tired of going back to back
I want to know when we're gonna have
A stable home so we can sit back
And relax straight facts.
Let's get it

But I know it ain't gonna stop
Cuz we been on dis ride going back
To back since twelve o'clock
I turn around
Look at my mom like what we gonna
Do
Ma can you please say something
Ma what can we do
But she's just looking straight in my
Eyes like she ain't got no freaking
Clue
Like she don't know what to do
Like she don't know what she puttin us
Through
Got me sick to my stomach like I'm stuck
With the flu
No wonder we living in poverty
And it really bothers me
Mom ain't doing nothing
We sleeping all up in a hotel lobby
But pause
My mother is my mother
Even though she got us in the gutter
I still love her like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment