Friday, January 31, 2020

The Inside


The Inside


People askin' me if I'm ok
I say, "Yeah, I'm fine". But really
I'm just hurtin' inside.

Stop telling me to open.
I don't want to.
I don't trust nobody.

Let me lie and let me show
everyone else that nothing's
wrong on the outside.

Let me believe that I'm a cold
person on the inside.

On the inside I don't want
to talk. Let me observe
and play with my thoughts.

Why wont you believe that
I'm a horrible person?

I look miserable and mean.
Why wont you believe it?
Don't talk to me or look at me,
I'm too broken to be seen.

I cuddle up in my blanket
from the cold on the outside
but shiver from the coldness
in my heart.

I don't need anything. It
hurts me every time.
Don't feel bad cause
I'm a cold person on the inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment