Friday, November 23, 2018

Stepping Up



Stepping Up


I

stepping up to the plate
is the most exciting thing ever
you never know what will happen
you could get a hit
get on base
help the team
or you could get out


II

a team doesn’t take just one person
to keep moving
it takes all of the players
to move the team on
like Mookie Betts
if he hits well
his team does well
if he strikes out
the team struggles
may even lose the game


III

I want to be known
for the positives in my life
as someone who is smart
and has good things in my life
like hitting the walk-off home run

Instead of the negatives
being known as a liar, a sneak, a fake
striking out with the bases loaded

I’m going to the playoffs
using all I’ve learned for this moment
bringing my team the treasure, most dear

No comments:

Post a Comment