Sunday, November 19, 2017

A Heart Felt Message

A Heart-felt Message


One day I heard the message:
A hard head makes a soft behind,
And the tallest trees you fall from are the ones you choose to climb.”
And then I started thinking,
Another gem popped in my head:
A life well-lived can’t be achieved from the safety of your bed.”
And then I felt the message,
A wisdom somewhere deep
It made its presence known,
From my head down to my feet.
I kept on contemplating
Till I couldn’t think no more
My conscience started kicking in
Of this I was sure.
I felt it in my heart
That some things I did were wrong.
And I couldn’t keep them
As a secret
In the dark for long.
I knew I had a hard head
And I’d made a soft behind
But now I want to see the Sun and leave that life behind.
I didn’t have a helmet, a harness, or the time
But I kept in picking California Redwoods, tryna climb.
But now those days are over
My head’s soft as it should be
And without all that extra armor
I can finally see.
I see the path before
I know who I can be
And that doesn’t include
Being the man who climbed the largest tree.
This heart-felt message changed me
It stayed inside my head
Because a life well-lived can’t be achieved from the safety of your bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment