Thursday, December 3, 2015

Recovery (a group poem)


Recovery
(A group poem in which each member contributed at least one stanza)

Turn the key in your old ride
Hear a crack from the inside
Hear it sputter, fail to run.
You know your old car is done

I was addicted to drugs but then I sought recovery
My life was coming to an end
Rehabilitation was for me

I made some mistakes
Made my way into the juvenile hall
Now I'm here for recovery

Recovery, recovery
Yes I really need it
God, can you help me find the way?

Recovery, recovery
Something that everybody needs
Recovery can make you successful and believe

Temptation is pulling me
To go back to my old ways
No, I can't go back
Fix it before it's too late

You can heal from addiction
Just remember, Love can be a drug
It's all about the willpower to change it

But I'm 16, not brainless
Besides I knew the truth at 10
I said I'll never do it again

It was hard to break my old ways
Been doing me for years, never wanted to change
But I did it for me and I did it for my family

Times I want to break down
But don't because my family's still by my side
And now it's time for recovery

Yes, I knew I really needed it
At the end was success
And my family was really proud of me

Recovery, recovery
Help me, help me
Just want to be a better person.

Recovery ain't easy
Hard times, rough life
But got faith in life

My life is in recovery
For things I've done wrong
But now it's time to make changes

Call someone to take it away
Into the shop where it will stay
Until it's fit to drive again.



No comments:

Post a Comment