Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Note: This is a group poem in which each of the boys in the writing group contributed at least one 3 line stanza on their chosen theme of being Here.

 
 
Here

Like the first time I saw this place
When I got locked up there was fear
But that's now gone to a different me

Jumping hurdles day by day
Mending the broken relationships
Not just to better ourselves

Like when I first came down for treatment
Like when I throw my hissy fits
Like when I finally give in

It is the test of all tests
We have to be our best
On a very long quest

The staff makes you tired
It's like the running of the bulls
And I have been on my last strand

Like the staff trying to help out
When the white walls are closing inward
It all stops when I finally give in

I feel like a puppet
Will I be released?
Will I ever hear the trumpet?

Nowhere to run
Only in my mind
Just darkness, I can't see the sun

Doing the same things, just a different day
I'm always wondering when it will finally end
But in the end I know I will be better

These walls be talking to me
They be bumpin' like some speakers
Letting me know I have a family waiting

And I'm sittin' in this room
with nothing new
because it's the same thing just a different day

And there's nothing I can do
But do what I have to do
because I know I have a family waiting

But I be gettin' in my head
Feeling empty like I'm dead
While sitting here always debating

Because it gets old, it gets old
Growing gray hairs
Like it was some wisdom to be told

And you have two ears and one mouth
So you can listen more than you talk
Because well done is better than well said.

No comments:

Post a Comment