Monday, October 21, 2013

Learning from my Past

Learning from my Past
I lay awake at night thinkin'
of my pain, there's no way it
can get better, I have nothing
left to gain.

I manage to keep my composure
when people are around, because they don't
understand me, that's why I barely
make a sound.

I smile when I have to, I break down
when I don't , I know I should be
strong, But my mind is telling me I won't.

So I plan to drink a little, take
some pills on top of it. It shouldn't take
long, soon enough I should be out of it.

I wake up in confusion, I don't know
where I am. Is this heaven or hell,
the land of the eternally damned.
I see my mom behind me, my head
in her hands. I say, “Mom I'm sorry.
I'm glad I'm not dead.”

I know it's not over, there's a long road
ahead. But I appreciate the little things because
I should be long dead. I've learned to live
each day like my last. I look forward to
the future and learning from my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment